Today is the day the diseased uterus comes out. I woke at 4 a.m. realizing the warm body snuggled against me was the dog, not Superman. He had trouble sleeping. (Superman, not the dog.) He's much more nervous than I am, the poor dear. I don't think the dog has a clue or would care even if he did. He's very good at being a dog. (The dog, not Superman.)
Every pregnant woman hears horror stories about other women's difficult childbirth experiences. Once I announced I was having a hysterectomy, I've heard anecdotes from women who've had hysterectomies or know those who've gone through it. I have been worried about the "discomfort" I'll experience afterward, but hadn't thought about the hormonal effects of having my ovaries suddenly ripped from my body. (That's perhaps not the most comforting way to express it.) But millions of women have lived through it and I expect to as well. Pretty soon I'll have my own horror stories to tell.
And that's about all I have time to talk about today. I've been contemplating how my concept of being a woman might be tied in to having a uterus, and what it means on a philosophical level to be losing mine. But that's a discussion for another time, when I'm not hurrying to get this posted so I can go lose my uterus.
See you on the flip side!
Moving Along, but Adrift
10 years ago
4 comments:
Just think, you'll be down a uterus and a couple of ovaries, BUT you'll also be rid of some Cancer and that's always a good thing! :)
Who knows, maybe you're so close to the 'pause, you won't even notice?!
I hope you heal and get well quickly. Thinking of you.
My middle sister had the same scenario a few years ago, and she is fine now.
So, you go, girl!!!
:-)
-Andy
Sending you positive energy and healing thoughts!
Hope everything is fine!
Post a Comment